The spirit of solidarity we have in Ireland at the moment has never been stronger. I believe our sense of community and our desire to look after each will get us through this time.
ChangeX have come together with Government and the community sector to create The Community Call. Today, we’d like to ask you, our existing community of organisers, teachers, growers, shedders, streetfeasters, community lovers and changemakers, to answer the call. Start and share ideas that can help us to stay home, helpful, active and connected over the coming months. #thecommunitycall
Supported by The Web Summit, we’re collaborating with our community of social entrepreneurs and community changemakers to develop and scale solutions to get through these troubling times together.
Initially, you can answer the call by starting or supporting these ideas:
- Neighbourhood Network led by the Street Feast team is a network of neighbours and volunteers, ready and willing to support at-risk members in our communities during the crisis. They are calling on people to start or register a local support group. Join here
- FoodCloud has launched an emergency appeal to support national food distribution throughout the crisis. This funding will ensure that they can continue to safely provide food to those that need it most. ChangeX is supporting their work with €100,000 from the Web Summit donation. You can also donate here.
- Heroes-Aid are providing practical supports, such as essential PPE (Protective Personal Equipment) and other resources to keep our frontline workers safe as they care for us. The fund also intends to provide longer term psychological, educational and practical support for frontline healthcare workers, and their children and families who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. ChangeX is supporting their work with a €100,000 match fund for their crowdfunding campaign from the Web Summit donation. You can also donate here.
- Siel Bleu Ireland is ensuring that older people who are cocooning can stay active, healthy and mobile while at home. They’re calling on people to join their daily live online exercise classes “Siel Bleu at Home”. Join here
- The Daily Mile Ireland is calling for parents and their kids to do the #DailyMileAtHome and run a mile every day to stay healthy and active while at home. Join here
- Playworks is calling for families and kids to play at home every day by offering online creative games to stay active and engaged through #PlayatHome. Join here
- GIY Ireland is calling everyone to start growing their own food at home with GROW It Forward, giving 50,000 people across the country the skills, knowledge and resources needed to start growing. Join here
We’ll continue to add more ideas over the coming weeks and you can submit your own solution here.
Stay home, stay helpful, stay active, stay connected We think ChangeX can become a place where we can keep the feeling of togetherness alive while we’re apart. Let’s stay together through the actions we take in coming months and join #thecommunitycall.
Paul O’Hara & the ChangeX Team