Role: Communications and Marketing Internship
Role Status: Full Time (for 4 months)
Remuneration: €1,000 per month
ChangeX is a marketplace connecting proven ideas for strengthening communities with teams who start them locally – ideas like Grow it Yourself, Men’s Sheds, Repair Café, parkrun and Playworks, adopted and started by teachers, healthcare professionals, community workers and other proactive citizens.
There are thousands of social innovations across the world that have been proven to work, but too few at global scale, leading to wasteful reinvention or worse, no solution at all. Technology can address this. We’re on a mission to help build thriving communities everywhere – in our first five years, over 15,000 projects have started on ChangeX, benefitting over 375,000 people. We are behind #thecommunitycall, a campaign to mobilise communities around emergency response and health and wellbeing ideas during the current COVID-19 health crisis and it’s resulting restrictions.
Our business model is called Impact as a Service – we make it easy for funders to find and invest in the ideas they want to spread in regions they care most about – customers include Microsoft, Target, Niantic, and Web Summit among others. Our philanthropic backers come from some of the best recognised venture firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures and Insight Ventures as well as founders like Mike Lee (MyFitnessPal), Colm Lyon (Fire) and Jerry Greenfield (Ben & Jerry’s). Our team is usually based at Dogpatch Labs in Dublin with team members in the U.S. and Europe, but currently, team members are working from home.
The Impact Team focuses on growing and supporting the ChangeX community of community leaders and social innovators. We identify and package the most impactful and scalable ideas around the world, inspire and support people to start these ideas locally and measure the impact at a local community level. We’re looking for an intern to support the team; to find and communicate stories creatively; to improve our user experience; and to build out the idea portfolio. If you are interested in developing your communications skills while having a positive impact in the world, we’d love to talk to you.
- Build out portfolios of ideas on ChangeX platform across climate change, health & wellbeing, and community cohesion
- Keep existing ideas page content up-to-date
- User Support & Experience
- Support the team in automating user support
- Answer inbound support queries
- Carry out user research
- Content Creation
- Screen user motivations and pages for potential sharable stories
- Draft posts for social media channels
- Identify suitable images online and secure rights
- Create analytics processes to improve tracking of content
- Update design templates
- 1+ year’s experience in marketing/communications role or a degree in a relevant subject;
- Strong writing skills (must be a fluent English speaker);
- Confident user of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram);
- Demonstrated interest in social innovation and commitment to social change;
- An entrepreneurial track record ideally, with strong empathy and ethical fibre.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote working options;
- Flexible hours and vacation time;
- Master new skills from those around you with online talks and networking with dogpatch labs.
To apply, please send CV or equivalent with a note outlining why you think you’d be the right person to [email protected] by Friday 22nd May.