We’re looking for a mission-driven Finance Manager to join our growing team.
Role: Finance Manager
Location: Remote (Timezone: GMT / CET / EST)
Office Hub: Dublin/New York
Role Status: Full Time or Part Time
Remuneration: Competitive salary, based on experience
We are ChangeX. We have built a platform to connect communities to proven innovations and finance.
Our mission? To empower people everywhere to change their communities for the better by making it easy for them to access the innovations, funding and support they need.
With our support, great innovations like Grow it Yourself, Girls Who Code, Cycling Without Age, Men’s Sheds, Repair Café, Pocket Forests and parkrun, are being adopted by communities across the world.
So far, more than 17,000 community projects have started through ChangeX, scaling almost 100 innovations and benefitting over 600,000 people.
Our business model is called Impact as a Service. We make it easy for funders to invest in the innovations they want to spread in regions they care most about. Our partners include Microsoft, Accenture, Lego Foundation and Amazon Web Services.
We are in an exciting growth phase, as we prepare to launch in multiple new regions. And we are growing our team across all functions to deliver on this growth.
This role: Finance Manager
This role is an opportunity for a pragmatic, strategic Finance Manager who enjoys a varied working environment.
You will join our operations team and be responsible for the day-to-day management of our finances, taking ownership of regular financial reports, management accounts and budget monitoring. Reporting to our Head of Operations and CFO, you will also take a longer term view, preparing forecasts and planning for our future.
In this role, you will:
- Produce financial reports, such as financial statements and budget performance
- Prepare monthly and end-of-year management accounts, including an in-depth expenditure analysis
- Analyse financial information, summarise financial status and prepare financial projections
- Prepare and manage annual and project budgets
- Prepare cash forecasts and monitor cashflow
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for Euro and USD accounts
- Manage all financial activities including purchase requests, invoices, expenses, sales commissions etc
- Manage processing of grant payments to multiple regions
- Work with our third party providers to review and complete payroll and PAYE/PRSI (or relevant taxes) returns in Ireland, US and UK and any new regions
- Manage staff time-tracking for budget allocation
- Monitor and evaluate cost of delivery, progress, and resulting profit/loss on individual contracts, and identify potential areas for improvement
- Prepare documents for and liaise with external auditors
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and internal controls
We are looking for people who have:
- A demonstrated commitment to community-driven change
- Qualified as an accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent), with five years post qualification experience in an accounting environment
- The ability to prepare detailed financial information
- The creativity and resourcefulness to solve problems that arise
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and experience with cloud-based accountancy products (e.g. Xero)
- Payroll and cost control experience
- Strong empathy and ethical fibre.
- Flexible working options: remote, in office or a hybrid of the two
- 25 holiday days plus flexible hours
- Annual performance related bonuses
- Pension scheme after 12 months of employment
- Basic health insurance plan
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite/online talks and networking at our hubs
- Access to a great work environment and facilities at Dogpatch Labs in Dublin, our New York office or a co-working space convenient for you
If this role interests you, get in touch to tell us why. Please send your CV to Katie at [email protected] by Friday January 21st. Include a note outlining why you’d like to join ChangeX and why you think you’d be the right person for this role.
We will shortlist several candidates for an interview with a cross-section of our team. We like candidates to talk to as many of our team as possible to allow us – and you – to make the best decision possible.
After the interview process is complete, we will quickly move to decision making and offer.