Register with FIRST
As you work through your 30 Day Challenge on ChangeX, you can go ahead and register officially with the FIRST to participate in the current CARGO CONNECT℠ season! You can register through this link.
Once you've registered, you'll receive a welcome email from the FIRST team and your Class Pack provides enough equipment for 24 children containing:
- Class Pack Guide: This digital guide provides guidance, management tips, and best practices for how to implement FIRST LEGO League Challenge in the classroom and instructions on how to run a tournament in your classroom or school.
- Team Meeting Guide: This comprehensive guide is printed and available digitally and provides facilitators with guidance and lesson plans on how to run 12 sessions and end with a culminating celebration. It includes student outcomes, tips, cleanup pointers, and checkpoints to monitor the team's progress.
- Engineering Notebooks: These student workbooks are used to record ideas, notes, and sketches - printed versions of the books are included with Class Pack and are available digitally through the FIRST Thinkscape Portal. Each workbook provides a guided 12-session experience, including an introduction activity, session tasks, and concluding with the team sharing what they learned and accomplished. Additional Engineering Notebooks can be purchased in bundles of 10, up to three bundles per Class Pack. For the best experience, if more than three bundles are needed, please order an additional FIRST LEGO League Challenge Class Pack.
- Robot Game Rulebooks: These printed and digital guides provide facilitators and students with everything they need for the CARGO CONNECTSM robot game. Each guide contains field set-up instructions, descriptions of each mission, and the rules student teams must follow during the preparation, action, and scoring.
- Session Slides: A session-by-session series of slides that contain real-world connections such as videos, images, and helpful questions to guide students through each session.
- CARGO CONNECTSM Challenge Sets: Themed field mats and exclusive sets of LEGO® elements to build season-specific mission models.
Order a LEGO EV3 Mindstorm or LEGO Spike Prime
Recommended 1 Kit per 4 students.
Purchase your Robot Sets here. You will also need access to compatible devices to download the programming software.
Receive the season materials
Receive Class Pack and your kits, read through Team Meeting Guide and get your equipment ready.
Once you receive your Challenge Sets and Guidebooks, you’ll be almost ready to go. Review your Team Meeting Guide and plan your first session by having a look through the guides and online resources.