Role: Full Stack Developer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Role Status: Full Time
Remuneration: Based on Experience
ChangeX is a marketplace connecting proven ideas for strengthening communities with teams who start them locally and those with the resources to support – ideas like Grow it Yourself, Mens Shed’s, Repair Café, CoderDojo and Playworks, adopted and started by teachers, healthcare professionals, community workers and other proactive citizens.
There are thousands of social innovations across the world that have been proven to work, but too few at global scale, leading to wasteful reinvention or worse, no solution at all. Technology can address this. We’re on a mission to help build thriving communities everywhere – in our first three years, over 180,000 people have benefitted from 5,000 new projects started on ChangeX.
Our business model is called Impact as a Service – we make it easy for funders to find and invest in the ideas they want to spread in regions they care most about. Our philanthropic backers come from some of the best recognized venture firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures and Insight Ventures as well as founders like Mike Lee (MyFitnessPal), Colm Lyon (Fire) and Jerry Greenfield (Ben & Jerry’s).
Our team is based at Dogpatch Labs in Dublin with team members in the U.S. and Europe.
We’re looking for a full stack developer to join a small talented product team. This team is working to simplify and accelerate the way people fund, start and grow projects in their communities. We’re looking for an engineer who shares our belief in the power of great technology to transform the lives of real offline communities. If you want to ensure your engineering skills have a positive impact in the world, we’d love to talk to you.
Examples of Technical Challenges:
- Impact trading marketplace -> built using smart contracts & public blockchains;
- Network science & machine learning -> Recommendation & search engines based on interests, locations & friends;
- Use of AI technologies to enable smart receipt scanning;
- Data analytics & advanced BI visualisations for investor dashboards;
- Establishment of payments, receipts & accounting framework for marketplace transactions.
- You’ll play a major role in the vision and development direction of the product;
- You should be driven by clean design to build beautiful, intuitive, functional user interfaces;
- You will collaborate closely with product and market teams to tackle tough design challenges;
- You will take full ownership of projects and product features from design to implementation and deployment;
- You will work in a lean product design environment focused on user centred research, design and testing;
- Over the coming months you will work on a new platform payments infrastructure as well as exciting new social impact tracking technologies.
- Great engineering skills and strong computer science fundamentals. IT engineering or related degree a plus but not essential;
- Previous experience working with Ruby on Rails framework;
- Experience with Postgres database;
- Solid experience with AWS, Heroku or other cloud providers;
- Strong UX and design sensibilities;
- Strong empathy and ethical fibre.
Good to Haves:
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment;
- Experience with full stack performance optimisation is a plus;
- Experience in an early stage technology startup;
- Good english language skills a plus;
- Previous experience with agile software development methodologies.
Perks & Benefits:
- Attend weekly workshops, meet-ups etc. as part of Ireland’s biggest startup community;
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite talks and training initiatives;
- Flexible hours, vacation time and work from home options;
- Enjoy annual performance related bonuses;
- Exercise your mind and body with onsite yoga sessions and gym;
- Enjoy our rooftop garden with games and supplies of fruit, snacks and coffee;
- Work in a great location in Dublin city centre. 2 min walk from Dart and Luas.
To apply, please send CV or equivalent with a note outlining why you think you’d be the right person to [email protected] – include links to any codebase that gives us a sense of your work.