We’re looking for a Senior Impact Associate to help us grow in Latin America.
Role: Senior Impact Associate LATAM
Location: Remote in LATAM
Office Hub: NYC / Americas
Role Status: Full Time
Remuneration: Competitive salary, based on experience
We are ChangeX. We have built a platform to connect communities to proven innovations and finance.
Our mission? To empower people everywhere to change their communities for the better by making it easy for them to access the innovations, funding and support they need.
With our support, great innovations like Grow it Yourself, Girls Who Code, Cycling Without Age, Men’s Sheds, Repair Café, Pocket Forests and parkrun, are being adopted by communities across the world.
So far, more than 17,000 community projects have started through ChangeX, scaling almost 100 innovations and benefitting over 600,000 people.
Our business model is called Impact as a Service. We make it easy for funders to invest in the innovations they want to spread in regions they care most about. Our partners include Microsoft, Accenture, Lego Foundation and Amazon Web Services.
We are in an exciting growth phase, as we prepare to launch in multiple new regions. And we are growing our team across all functions to deliver on this growth.
This role: Senior Impact Associate LATAM
This varied and exciting role offers an opportunity to use your local perspective, communication skills and research ability to support our growth across Latin America.
Working closely with our global impact team, you will support the launch of our first community funds in Latin America from end to end, starting with several cities across Brazil, Colombia and Mexico.
With your local knowledge, you’ll ensure we develop the right networks on the ground and target our content effectively for a local audience. And as local community teams begin their journey with us, you’ll be on hand to support them. You’ll also help us to explain the impact of the projects we support, by finding great stories to share with media, funding partners and others.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and build relationships with key local networks and relevant social innovations in each new city/region
- Build local databases aligned with our key audiences eg schools, community groups etc
- Share our message with local audiences by executing digital marketing campaigns and local PR campaigns
- Identify storytelling opportunities in local communities and work with our Communications Lead to capture content
- Carry out due diligence calls with people who have applied to start a community project, supporting them through the process and assessing their eligibility for funding
- Provide ongoing support to project starters via Intercom
- Review and localise translated content, including information on our portfolio of project ideas and marketing materials, for audiences in LATAM regions
- Research new locations, ensuring our portfolio and communications accurately reflects the local cultural context
- Represent ChangeX with local stakeholders and work closely with local partners
- Support our wider team to identify potential funding partners
- Report feedback and learnings from local communities as projects progress, and suggest improvements where appropriate
- Carry out ad hoc translations as needed
- Occasional travel to visit community projects across LATAM
We are looking for people who are:
- LATAM-based, with a local perspective and an understanding of relevant regions
- Multilingual. (LATAM Spanish and English are required for this role, and Portuguese would be an advantage)
- Strong written and verbal communicators
- Committed to social change
- Highly empathetic, with a strong ethical fibre
- Comfortable working across a range of projects and managing their own time effectively
- Skilled researchers
- Experienced in digital marketing
- Natural networkers
- Flexible working options: remote, in office or a hybrid of the two
- 25 holiday days plus flexible hours
- Annual performance related bonuses
- Pension scheme after 12 months of employment
- Basic health insurance plan
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite/online talks and networking at our hubs
- Access to a great work environment and facilities at a co-working space convenient for you
If this role interests you, get in touch to tell us why. Please send your CV to Katie at [email protected] by Friday January 21st. And include a note outlining why you think you’d be the right person for this role.
We will shortlist several candidates for an interview with a cross-section of our team. We like candidates to talk to as many of our team as possible to allow us – and you – to make the best decision possible.
After the interview process is complete, we will quickly move to decision making and offer.