We’re looking for a mission-driven Finance Manager to join our growing team.
Role: Finance Manager
Location: Remote (Timezone: GMT / CET)
Office Hub: Dublin/London
Role Status: Full time or part time
Remuneration: Competitive salary, negotiable based on experience and location (approx. €65,000 – €80,000, plus benefits)
We are ChangeX. We have built a platform to connect communities to proven ideas and funding to scale sustainable impact.
Our mission? To empower people everywhere to change their communities for the better by making it easy for them to access the ideas, funding and support they need.
With our support, great ideas like Grow it Yourself, Girls Who Code, Repair Café, EasyPeasy Pods and FIRST LEGO League, are being adopted by communities across the world.
So far, more than 20,000 community projects have started through ChangeX, scaling over 100 innovations and directly benefitting more than million people.
Our business model is called Impact as a Service. We make it easy for funders to invest in the ideas they want to spread in regions they care most about. Our partners include Microsoft, Nickelodeon, Accenture, the LEGO Foundation and Amazon Web Services.
This role: Finance Manager
This role is an opportunity for a pragmatic, strategic Finance Manager who enjoys a varied working environment.
You will join our Operations team and be responsible for the day-to-day management of our finances, taking ownership of optimising key financial metrics e.g. gross margin, regular financial reports, management accounts, and budget monitoring. Reporting to our Head of Operations, you will also take a longer term view, preparing forecasts and planning for our future.
In this role, you will:
- Produce financial reports, such as financial statements and budget performance
- Prepare monthly and end-of-year management accounts, including an in-depth expenditure analysis
- Analyse financial information, summarise financial status and prepare financial projections
- Prepare and manage annual and project budgets
- Prepare cash forecasts and monitor cash flow
- Manage all financial activities including purchase requests, invoices, bills and expenses
- Finance point person on grant payments to multiple regions
- Work with our third party providers to review and complete payroll and PAYE/PRSI (or relevant taxes) returns in Ireland, US and UK and any new regions
- Track, report and optimise key financial metrics e.g. cost of delivery/gross margin etc.
- Prepare documents for and liaise with external auditors
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and internal controls
- Act as principal point of liaison with external legal and governance advisers
We are looking for people* who have:
- Qualified as an accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent), with at least three years post qualification experience in an accounting environment (experience in a high growth start-up is an advantage)
- The ability to prepare and analyse detailed financial information
- Financial control experience
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and cloud-based accountancy products (e.g. Xero)
- The creativity and resourcefulness to solve problems that arise
- A demonstrated commitment to social or environmental change
- Strong empathy and ethical fibre.
*We encourage you to apply if you believe your skills and experience are a good fit for this role, even if you don’t tick every box above. When making hiring decisions, we aim to be inclusive and look beyond checklists. We want to find people who bring fresh perspectives and want to grow with our organisation.
- 25 holiday days per year plus flexible hours
- Flexible working options: remote, in office or a hybrid
- Annual performance related bonus
- Pension scheme available
- Basic health insurance plan
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite/online talks and networking at our hubs
- Access to a great work environment and facilities our offices or a co-working space convenient for you
- Bi-annual team retreat
If this role interests you, get in touch to tell us why. Please send your CV to Katie at [email protected] by February 28th, 2023. Please also include a note outlining why you think you’d be the right person for this role.
We will shortlist several candidates for an interview with a cross-section of our team. We like candidates to talk to as many of our team as possible to allow us – and you – to make the best decision possible.
After the interview process is complete, we will quickly move to decision making and offer.