Fill in the Intake Form
This program means that your school can access the funding needed to purchase labels for your school and cover other small costs associated with getting this program up and running (e.g. printing posters etc.) As the School Champion, you should be willing to perform the following tasks as needed:
- Work with RAA staff member to create implementation strategy
- Fill out label order form
- Provide a shipping address where the labels are guaranteed to be received by someone aware of the donation who can keep the labels in a safe place.
- Help coordinate celebration event/provide volunteers (optional for school district donations)
To get started and to get connected with the RAA team, fill in this intake form which captures the very practical information needed to get started including details of your hauler, how recycling currently works at your school etc.
Order your Labels
Once you've filled in the intake form, you'll be ready to order the labels you need. There is a wide range of labels available depending on your school's needs. You'll get 100 labels for $300 and you can unlock the funding to purchase the labels by completing your 30 Day Challenge on your ChangeX page. Eileen from the RAA team will answer any specific questions you have around types of labels or can help you if you have very specific or unique label needs.
Here's just some of the options that will be available for you to order
You can find the Label order form in the Resources Folder
Attach the Labels
Once you have your labels, it'll be time to attach them to your bins! This can be done as a school-wide project, engaging kids and teachers or can be done by a smaller team that you have brought together. Your Toolkit gives lots of very practical tips on how to do this, including some discussions you need to have with your hauler ahead of time. Find your Toolkit in the Resources Folder.
Here's a short video to demonstrate how it'll work:
Educate & share across the school
Communicating and sharing details of the new program across the whole school - students, teachers, administration - will be critical to the success of your program.
Here are some tips:
- Choose a launch date, and make a school-wide announcement so that everyone in the building knows there is a change in the recycling program.
- Send an email to classrooms and offices.
- Hang up student-generated posters or RAA posters (RAA will share files upon request).
- Have students develop and record a public service announcement to share via email.
- Student volunteers may wish to travel from class to class to introduce the labels and explain then changes in the recycling program. Your Toolkit has many points that should be covered in a presentation.
Share photos & thank you
Companies and individuals make generous donations to help schools improve recycling. To celebrate this donation, PLEASE thank your donor.
You'll be prompted to share a photo on your ChangeX page and tell us how the program is going. Some other ideas:
Here's a great little video for inspiration!