Timeline: When will you be able to start your project? How often will your team meet? Are there any key dates to share for the project?
- Direct contact via what’s app or zoom call
- Meeting weekly whenever it’s necessary once every 2 weeks for update or what’s app messages as necessary
- Majority of planting will take place after the summer holidays in September.
Budget: You don't need to share exact prices, but please share how you're planning to spend the seed funding & what costs you're anticipating to get your project up and running:
- planters. horizontal and vertical
- bulbs, seeds, herbs, wildflowers. Lots of sensory plants.
- seedum roof
- Gardening material: labels, small toolkit, science tool kit , little bird feeder, bee hotel, ladybird etc…, small watering cans
- mini greenhouse inside the school to keep pots and seedlings safe and facilitate science projects
- planters that do not require lots of watering, that can help with raising awareness about the environmental challenges (air pollution, water saving, good food (nice herbs!) ,
- Soil experiments different structure where plants can grow (sand, soil, gravel etc…) To rais awareness on ecoactions and sustainability goals
- Paying for external support for our school groups to help with gardening education and training staff
- Organising one small event on site at the end of the term to celebrate the accomplishment of the children: tea party/small tasting/harvest. TBC
Impact: How will your community benefit from this project? Do you have any measurable goals for your project, such as the number of people that will participate? Are you hoping to spread knowledge or increase interest in a specific subject?
Improving the appearance of the Lower School outdoor space at the front of the school and also in the Reception garden so that the children can be exposed to nature on a day to day basis. Focusing on sensory aspects for Reception.
Location: If your project requires physical space, have you decided the location? Do you have all necessary permission and permits to carry out your project at the chosen location?
Lower School site with permission from the Head Teacher - Kelly Miller.
Please answer the questions below as much as you can.
Growing Space will review the information you provide before your kickstart call.
This will help save time and get you started straight on your project once you receive your seed funding!
1) Please take a few pictures of your site (at different time of the day ideally and when the sun is out).
2) Please write here a small description of what you would ideally like to achieve
We would like to improve the outdoor space of the school and give the children access to a variety of sensory experiences.
3) Please confirm the age group of children you are working with and that will be involved in the implementation of your project
4-7 year olds
4) Please give us the estimate of the number of children that your new Mini Growing Space will benefit (can be directly and indirectly)
5) What activities do you plan to offer that will include your community (other than children) (for instance, parents, neighbours, extended families of children or else, elderly people)
Parents and neighbors. An open garden/sensory expereince.
6) What do you already have in your site that can be reused (material, structures etc)?
7) Water access - please state if you have water access on your site and if you are willing to install a water butt (not obligatory)
Water access - no room for a water butt
8) Please confirm in writing here that you have permission from a manager or landlord (of the building or head of a school (as necessary) that says that they are happy to make the improvement of their outdoor space and let you lead the project.
Yes we have permission from the head teacher - Kelly Miller
Please note that it is your responsibility to ask a written permission to the site owner. The process is simple but essential to avoid delays in the future. This can be done an email or official head letter from a landlord or manager etc. Thank you for being diligent.
That’s all for now!
We are excited to get you started!