We’ve pulled together a range of health and safety guidelines below to help you keep your community group, and others, safe. However it should be noted that there is a need for individuals to exercise personal responsibility and good judgement in their activities, and to stay up-to-date and adhere to any state, county or local safety laws, rules and regulations.
Some of the most important, and simple, tips are:
- Stay up to date on local/national restrictions and guidelines
- Hold remote/virtual meetings wherever possible - we know, the Zoom call fatigue is real, but they keep everyone safe!
- Write and maintain a COVID-19 Policy
- Reduce numbers of people meeting in person e.g. set up a rota for your community garden maintenance instead of everyone going at once
- Meet outside where possible
- Wash hands regularly
- Wear a mask
- Practise physical distancing (6 feet/2 metres apart)
- Latest CDC guidelines about COVID-19 (USA)
- Latest HSE guidelines about COVID-19 (Ireland)
- Latest gov.uk guidelines about COVID-19 (UK)
- Guide for developing a COVID-19 Response Plan for your community group (by Pobal)
- Specific COVID-19 guidance for Men’s Shed groups (which may also be helpful for other types of groups)