- When will you be able to start your project? After Christmas
- How often will your team meet? We'll meet once a term to review what we're doing and plan ahead.
- Are there any key dates to share for the project? We'll meet in June 2023 to see if we can roll it out to other classes.
- You don't need to share exact prices, but please share how you're planning to spend the seed funding & what costs you're anticipating to get your project up and running: The costs are covered as the resources are coming in a box. If we choose to roll it out it will probably cost €2/3k
- How will your community benefit from this project? Students will enjoy working together and questioning and thinking critically.
- Do you have any measurable goals for your project such as the number of people that will participate? We're hoping after we roll it out we'll have 90 students doing similar activities in the senior end of the school.
- Are you hoping to spread knowledge or increase interest in a specific subject? Spread knowledge amongst the teachers and improve the student experience.
- If your project requires physical space, have you decided the location? The classroom is where it will take place.
- Do you have all necessary permission and permits to carry out your project at the chosen location? Yes
We will receive the pack from STEAM Education Ltd. in January. Then a scientist will come into the classroom five times to do workshops in Human Biology with the students. Our 5th class teacher will be present at all times and learning from the scientist.The teacher will then present to the staff at a staff meeting what she learned and how the scientist ran the workshops. At this point we will probably buy more STEAM in a box and roll it out to more classrooms. This will then become part of our STEM plan in the school.As far as COVID 19 goes we have CO2 monitors in every room so when the monitor goes above a certain level the teacher opens the windows. We have hand sanitiser at each table and students wash their hands before and after each activity.