Timeline: Jan-June 2023
When will you be able to start your project? Early 2023, once funding is approved.
How often will your team meet? Monthly
Nov-Dec: 30day challenge
Dec-Jan: get approvals on location.
Jan- June: source materials, craftpeople and build.
- Pick location
- Check with owner of Velvet cafe area as to interest in temporary seating
- Check with Fingal on timing for path
- Check with Fingal on support for temporary seating
- Find craftsmen to build
- Check with Men's Sheds on ability to cut out designs and/or build
- Check with Mellon's carpenter on ability to cut out designs
- Finalise design and finish
- Source materials
- Select design
You don't need to share exact prices, but please share how you're planning to spend the seed funding & what costs you're anticipating to get your project up and running:
Cost of materials (est EUR 150 per sheet, 125 to cut each sheet, x 6-10 per design choice) potentially labour to build, if need external non-volunteers; painting and planting (should be volunteer labour, cost of painting or flowers) depending on design and finish; potentially signage, to support local businesses who sponsor
- How will your community benefit from this project?
- Brings additional areas for community to sit, opening up either A) new open green area, next to pollinator friendly planting or B) removes parking space from a busy village and replaces it with community seating. Great chance to test out options and see community engagement.
- Do you have any measurable goals for your project such as the number of people that will participate?
- 10-12, from project mgmt, to men's shed, to Fingal CoCo.
- Convicing local businesses of the value of giving up one-two car parking spaces to use for community seating!
- Are you hoping to spread knowledge or increase interest in a specific subject?
- Bring focus and attention to the Tidy Towns project, the pollinator plan and the value of biodiversity and community in building a more livable place for all.
Location: Portmarnock Village
If your project requires physical space, have you decided the location?Do you have all necessary permission and permits to carry out your project at the chosen location? Two options being considered:
1) Replace car parking space in front of shops in Portmarnock village
2) Create a new seating area in an exisitng greenspace, which currently is simply a pass through. Align the seating with the development of a path and wildflower/pollinator friendly area
Team photo attached, showing team out while scouting locations in the area!