FreshWater Watch is a global project run by Earthwatch Europe, an environmental charity with science at its heart, in which communities monitor and protect their local freshwater resources. We empower people around the world to measure the health of their local rivers, lakes, streams, ponds, wetlands and reservoirs using an established and scientifically-robust method. The resulting data provides the evidence needed to support efforts to improve water quality.
Join a global community of FreshWater Watchers, and become empowered to understand and protect your local waterbodies. Through your FreshWater Watch project you will be able to:
• Gain a better understanding of water quality in your local community
• Understand where there is good water quality, and where there is pollution
• Measure the effectiveness of restoration measures
• Engage and empower local community members
• Use a recognised methodology to influence management authorities and/or polluters
• Contribute to a unique global research project investigating the health of freshwater ecosystems
Apply today to set up your FreshWater Watch group with access to the online global platform, training, support and water monitoring kits.