Are you inspired by grassroots movements driving social change? Would you like to work with an organisation that empowers communities to cultivate a culture of equality, inclusiveness and sustainability? Have you maybe even organised a local project as a volunteer before? Are you passionate about technology and its potential to accelerate positive change?
We’d love you to come and support our team in making changex.org the go-to platform for people like you.
We are looking for a volunteer to support our international team in Dublin for a minimum of one day per week on building relationships with our growing community of doers, changemakers and community lovers in Ireland and Minnesota.
You will support our experienced and dedicated team on the following tasks:
- Collecting inspiring stories about community engagement in Ireland and Minnesota
- Creating content for our website, social media channels, newsletter and marketing campaigns (text | image | video) to engage the community and provide support for people starting ideas in their communities.
- Supporting our users in starting ideas through the ChangeX platform, Facebook groups, etc.
Your skills and experience
- Hands on experience in creating creative content for social media (text, image)
- A love for storytelling
- High empathy and an honest curiosity for people
- Fluent in English
A plus for this role:
- Knowledge of online marketing channels, SEO and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of design software (e.g. photoshop/Adobe illustrator/indesign) and basic video editing tools
- Experience in community management
You will be working closely with our growth team including head of content and community, head of impact and head of growth. We see this role as having the potential to grow into a paid position. For that reason, we want to ensure we find someone aligned with our team values. The skills and experience we are looking for include:
- An entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial track record
- Strong creativity, data orientation and design sensibility
- A commitment to social change
- Strong social and emotional intelligence
- Deep ethical fiber
ChangeX is one of Ireland’s leading social startups.
We have our office at Dogpatch Labs, a startup hub in Dublin at the heart of Ireland’s tech startup community. You will have the chance to meet many of Ireland’s social entrepreneurs and local changemakers and deepen your knowledge about the field of social innovation. You will also gain an insight into a fast-paced startup working environment, developing product and marketing strategies based on user-focused, data-driven and agile methodologies.
Depending on your own background and interests we will be happy to discuss other areas of work you’d like to explore at ChangeX.
How to apply
Please send a short letter of interest and your CV to Katie Smith ([email protected]). The letter should include the following:
- Why you are interested in working with ChangeX
- Tell us about a local project making a difference that gets you excited
- If available, excerpts or links to pages you’ve edited like your own blog, a Facebook page you managed or an Instagram account – just a couple of examples that show your style.
Deadline: December 21st.
ChangeX believes that global change is led by people driving ideas they are passionate about in their local communities.
Together, we want to create communities built on values like equality, inclusiveness and sustainability, communities that everyone loves to live in.
On ChangeX.org we bring the best ideas for local communities to one place and give everyone access to the knowledge and support to start them, be it in the area of environment, education, social inclusion, health or others.
We have also developed a new model of investing into communities called Impact as a Service, that allows funders (philantropists, corporates, foundations, governments or individuals) to use ChangeX to invest in ideas they would like to see spread and track the impact their money is having.
See what ChangeX is really about, in this short video: