Role: Marketing & Communications Lead
Location: Remote (Timezone: GMT / CET / EST)
Office Hub: Dublin or New York
Role Status: Full Time
Remuneration: Competitive salary, based on experience
ChangeX is a platform connecting communities to proven innovations and finance. Innovations like Grow it Yourself, Girls Who Code, Cycling Without Age, Men’s Sheds, Repair Café, Pocket Forests and parkrun are adopted and started by teachers, healthcare professionals, neighbourhood associations and other proactive citizens through the platform.
We’re on a mission to help build thriving communities everywhere by ensuring that proven innovations and finance are accessible to everyone. In our work to support thriving communities over the past 6 years, we’ve identified a number of challenges:
- People are craving more purpose and connection but only a small percentage are currently driving change in their community.
- There are thousands of proven solutions to social and environmental problems but these innovations are not accessible for wide replication, leading to wasteful reinvention or inaction.
- Funders, including corporates and foundations, are putting more finance into communities, but it typically does not flow to proven solutions and is inaccessible to the majority of people.
We believe that technology presents a huge opportunity to address these challenges and to mobilise and empower millions of local leaders across the world on the issues that matter, from addressing climate change to improving education to building community cohesion. So far, over 16,000 new projects have started through ChangeX, scaling 80 innovations, and benefitting over 600,000 people.
Our business model is called Impact as a Service – we make it easy for funders to invest in the innovations they want to spread in regions they care most about – partners include Microsoft, Target, Niantic, and Web Summit among others. Our philanthropic backers include investors from Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures and Insight Ventures, as well as founders like Mike Lee (MyFitnessPal), Garry Moroney (Clavis Insight) and Jerry Greenfield (Ben & Jerry’s).
Our team is remote first, with an office in Dublin and soon in New York. We have team members working from home or from other remote hubs in the U.S. and Europe.
The Impact Team focuses on growing and supporting the ChangeX community of local leaders and social innovators. We identify and package the most impactful and scalable ideas around the world, inspire and support people to start these ideas locally, and measure the impact at a community level. We’re looking for a Marketing & Communications Lead to play a key leadership role on the impact team. You will sharpen and drive our marketing strategy for the three sides of the ChangeX marketplace (community leaders, social innovators and funding partners), moving people to lead and fund social change through brand development, great storytelling, clear messaging, and engaging content, distributed across multiple channels. This is an opportunity for a driven marketing professional to play a central role in a growing, entrepreneurial team and a wider network of changemakers, with the goal of improving life for one billion people by 2030.
- Sharpen & drive marketing & communications strategy for the three sides of the ChangeX marketplace;
- Lead PR around partner fund launches and the resulting impact stories from communities;
- Social media strategy & implementation (both for community building and to drive community leaders to start ideas);
- Mobilise and empower community leaders to generate local PR and tell their stories effectively;
- Build and strengthen the global ChangeX community through storytelling, newsletters, blogs, webinars and events;
- Manage relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Strengthen ChangeX branding, positioning, messaging & design, ensuring consistency through site and materials;
- As we scale, you will have responsibility for building and managing a marketing / comms team.
- At least 5 years of experience in a marketing/communications role
- An excellent communicator, both written and orally
- Experience working with press
- Strong design sensibility
- Analytical and creative
- Multiple languages is an advantage
- Demonstrated commitment to social change
- An entrepreneurial/ intrapreneurial track record
- Strong empathy and ethical fibre
- Flexible working options: remote, in office or a hybrid of the two;
- 25 holiday days plus flexible hours;
- Annual performance related bonuses;
- Pension scheme after 12 months of employment;
- Basic health insurance plan;
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite/online talks and networking at our hubs;
- Access to a great work environment and facilities at Dogpatch Labs in Dublin, our New York office or a co-working space convenient for you.
The ChangeX team is currently working fully remotely. We haven’t yet decided on our return to the office policy. We expect that many of our team will be based at Dogpatch Labs in Dublin and at our new office in New York. We also expect to have team members working fully remotely but with the ability to travel to the Dublin or New York office when necessary for team or community meetings.
To apply, please send CV or equivalent with a cover note outlining why you think you’d be the right person to Katie at [email protected], including your name and ‘Marketing & Comms Lead’ in the email title by April 16th 2021.